1/1 Photo of Herbed Zucchini Spirals
Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
This recipe is from Gourmet magazine January 1990's "Finger Food Super Bowl Sunday Buffet" menu. I have not tried this yet, but I have lost a 10 year battle to keep all of my Gourmet back issues. I am posting the interesting recipes on Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a mandoline or similar slicing device, sut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8 inch slices. Arrange the slices on a steamer rack, set over simmering water and steam them, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. (The zucchini slices should be barely flexible enough to roll. They will soften more as they cool.).
- 2In a food processor puree the parsley, garlic, walnuts, 2 tbsp of the Parmesan cheese and salt to taste until the mixture is smooth. Arrange the zucchini slices on a work surface and dot each slice along its length with a heaping teaspoon of the puree. Smooth the puree to an even layer on each slice.
- 3Roll up each slice jelly- roll fashion and fasten the spirals with wooden picks.
- 4Arrange the spirals in a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. ( You can make these several hours in advance to this point).
- 5Bake the spirals in the upper third of a preheated 425 F oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the spirals are heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Zucchini Spirals
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g