Recipe by zeldaz51
From EatingWell, August/September 2005 A good soup for a hot summer night when you have a zucchini glut. Be sure to increase seasoning if serving cold.
- 709.77 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 680.38 g zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh tarragon or 14.79 ml dill
- 177.44 ml shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Puree in a blender, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve chilled or reheat.