Recipe by katie in the UP
Recipe courtesy of Juan Carlos Cruz from the Low Calorie Commando on the Cooking Network. Posted for the Low Fat Holiday Challenge!
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully drag a vegetable peeler the length of the zucchini to create
- long strands. Discard centers with the seeds.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat with the butter.
- Add the zucchini and quickly toss to coat with the butter.
- Add parsley, thyme, oregano, and lemon pepper. Toss again and warm through, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg noodles. Toss once again until pasta is warmed through but zucchini
- remains crisp tender.
- Taste and adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.