Recipe by Bobtail
I copied this recipe out of Cooking Light many years ago! I have not made it in a long time, but with plenty of fresh vine ripe tomatoes coming off of my two plants, these are on the menu! Note: recipe states to use romano cheese, but I use any cheese I have on hand, in the photo I have used sharp cheddar.
Top Review by Bergy
I would rate it more than 5 stars - It looks great and tastes fabulous. I used Havarti lite mixed with a bit of Lite cheddar great flavor. My yogurt was a bit runny so the cheese flattened out but the flavor was still super good. These would be so attractive on a Brunch Buffet but will enhance any meal as a side dish.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Core the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, crosswise.
- Push out the seeds.
- Place the tomatoes cut side up in an 8" baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mix into each tomato half.
- Sprinkle with the Romano cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.