Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Top this versatile pizza crust with your favorite toppings, Enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bread (13 to 14 -inch pizza)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 teaspoons Italian spices, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- cornmeal (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (except cornmeal) to the bread machine according to the manufactures directions.
- Select dough cycle, when the cycle is complete, remove dough from machine, punch down.
- Roll dough into circle and place on pan or baking stone.
- Bake in 425 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Add desired toppings and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until edge of crust is golden brown and topping is bubbly.
This recipe was so easy, and made such a wonderful chewy (but not too!) crust. Love that it incorporates some whole wheat, and it was very flavorful. Definitely a keeper.
I did this by hand and added a pinch of sugar to my yeast/water combo. After mixing the oil, yeast/water combo to the dry ingredients ( I set a bit of flour aside for working with the dough), I let it rest (about 10 minutes). Kneaded it a few minutes and divided it in 3 pieces. I let it rest covered for about 15 minutes and worked it into 3 10" individual pizzas for my kids! A hit for sure!! thanks