Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Everyday Cooking for the Jewish Home" by Ethel G. Hofman
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 4 ounces)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon snipped or chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- oil (for frying)
- Sprinkle zucchini lightly with salt and drain in colander for 5 minutes.
- Rinse well, and squeeze in paper towels to remove all excess water.
- Saute zucchini with onion in butter until limp but not browned.
- In a food processor sprinkle bread with heavy cream.
- Add garlic, beans, eggs, cilantro, thyme, chervil, basil and blend until combined.
- Fold in sauteed zucchini.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons full in a slightly oiled non-stick pan and fry for 4 minutes per side over medium heat, or until golden brown.