Recipe by startnover
This is a very flavorful salad. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Valerie in Florida
Loved it ! If everything is prepped ahead of time, it is really easy to put together. To make it a full meal, I made some breaded chicken cutlets and cut them up to put on top of the salad. Definately "company worthy". Thank you !
- 1⁄2 cup fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 (3 ounce) logs goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup good quality- aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup candied pecans (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shaved carrot (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, thyme, pepper, salt, and oil in a bowl.
- Whisk to incorporate ingredients.
- Place the cheese slices into the mixture making sure to coat all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a whisk mix all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. After all are well mixed use whisk and slowly add oil to emulsify. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Before serving place a cookie sheet in oven and preheat to 350°.
- Spread bread crumbs onto plate and roll the cheese in them. Make sure to press the crumbs into the cheese.
- Transfer the cheese onto the hot pan and cook for 8 minutes.
- Toss the greens and all desired add ins together w/ desired amount of dressing and top each salad with cheese.
- Serve while cheese is warm.
- Prep time does not include chilling time.