1/2 Photos of Herbed Warm Goat Cheese Salad
This is a very flavorful salad. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 (3 ounce) logs goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup good quality- aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2Combine garlic, thyme, pepper, salt, and oil in a bowl.
- 3Whisk to incorporate ingredients.
- 4Place the cheese slices into the mixture making sure to coat all sides.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Using a whisk mix all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. After all are well mixed use whisk and slowly add oil to emulsify. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- 8Before serving place a cookie sheet in oven and preheat to 350°.
- 9Spread bread crumbs onto plate and roll the cheese in them. Make sure to press the crumbs into the cheese.
- 10Transfer the cheese onto the hot pan and cook for 8 minutes.
- 11Toss the greens and all desired add ins together w/ desired amount of dressing and top each salad with cheese.
- 12Serve while cheese is warm.
- 13Prep time does not include chilling time.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.1
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 2357.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: