Top Review by beckas
These walnuts were very good. The addition of the rosemary added a nice subtle flavor. I used dried rosemary and I crushed it with a mortar and pestle before adding it with the other spices. I baked the walnuts for a total of 30 minutes to make them extra toasted. The walnuts were extra special as a topping on a green salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb walnut halves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed or 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the butter and oil in a large baking pan and melt in the oven.
- Add the nuts.
- spreading evenly in the pan and coating them with the oil/butter.
- Scatter over the seasonings and bake for 20 minutes, stirring the nuts several times.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, cool, and store in a covered container.