Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is adapted from the book "Healthy Heart One Dish Meals". The vinaigrette works well with chicken broth or vegetable broth. I have used a variety of vinegars, such as balsamic and red wine, to make this dressing and usually sprinkle on an herb blend like Mrs. Dash. I also use olive oil.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth, preferably no salt added and low fat, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar, of choice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs, of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and cover tightly.
- Shake vigorously to blend.
- Chill thoroughly.