Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Southern Living. I haven't tried this yet.
Top Review by Manda
This is a really tasty and simple side dish that has such a beautiful presentation with all of the different colors. I used regular yellow onion because I didn't have any green onions, and I used a lot more onion than called for (personal preference). I cooked this for about 10 min. on low heat, stirring occasionally, while I was grilling my chicken. I served this with Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top (optional) and it was FANTASTIC!! I will definitely be making this one again! Thank you! ~Manda
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled,julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 small zucchini, julienned
- 3 small crookneck yellow squash, julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded,julienned
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter or oil and garlic; saite 1-2 minutes (don't let garlic burn).
- Add carrtos, salt, lemon pepper, and saute another couple of minutes.
- Add zucchini,yellow crookneck squash, bell pepper, green onions, and basil and saute 3-4 minutes or until crisp yet tender.
- Test for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Serve immediately.