Prep 6 mins
Cook 12 mins
This cheesy rice dish makes a taste-tempting vegetarian meal. Recipe from one of those supermarket cookbooklets.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli green beans onions and peppers mix
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain and return to saucepan.
- Add rice, using fork to keep rice fluffy.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil, dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cheddar and Montered Jack cheeses; toss together. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
I made this as side dish for a fish dinner. Good flavor; great way to get some healthy veggies into a meal.