Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just made this for my family. Delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green courgettes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock (reduced salt)
- 2 slices fresh lemon rind, white pith removed
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek, celery, carrot,zucchini and salt and cook stirring 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook further 1 minute.
- Add stock and lemon rind. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Discard rind.
- Add beans and cook further 2 minutes to heat through.
- Take off heat.
- Stir through parsley and oregano and season with pepper.
I agree with Wendy, this is delicious. Tastes so fresh and clean and light. Dh and I both loved it.