Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Vegetarian Times recipe so you know it's good. You can use veggies other than broccoli if you want i.e. asparagus, sliced squash You can also replace the wine with tomato juice, white grape juice or vegetable broth.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 4 green onions, slivered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 rings
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro (you can add more if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Tear off 4 large squares of parchment paper (about 12" square).
- Fold each square in half and cut into a large paper heart.
- Open hearts and arrange the veggies evenly on 1 half of each heart.
- Close to the crease.
- Drizzle wine evenly over veggies.
- Sprinkle cilantro and parsley evenly over veggies.
- Starting at top of heart, hold edges together and fold up a small section of the rim.
- Crease and fold up again.
- Hold down the double fold you've made and fold up the adjacent section the same way.
- Each fold should overlap the previous fold slightly so that a secure seal is made.
- Place each packet on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, slit open each packet and serve with a lemon wedge.
These vegetables are a nice complement to any dish and the recipe is very versatile. I used broccoli, carrots, green onions and snow peas. I also made one big 'pack' and used aluminum foil instead of parchment paper, as I did them on the BBQ. I think the veggies could use a little 'umph' and perhaps a bit of garlic would help them out or some more herbs/spices. Made for went to the market.
it was oright that's all