Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Light and Tasty
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with the cream cheese, chives, salt, basil and cayenne. Add milk and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; mash. Spoon into potato shells. Drizzle with remaining butter; sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Tasty,easy and low fat all equals a great recipe in my book-and this certainly fulfills all three!! We thoroughly enjoyed this-thanks for posting!
Made for your Wk 10 *Football Pool* win & because DH is esp fond of twice-baked potatoes. I liked that the outcome is low-fat & low-cal w/o sacrificing flavor & satisfaction. A sprinkle of crispy bacon crumbles would also make a nice company-worthy touch. Thx for sharing this recipe & congrats on you FB pool win. :-)
Yum! My granddaughter helped make these. They were very simple and very good. Thanks again Brookelynne for another keeper. Congrats again on your Football win.