Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large frying pan over med-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and celery and sauté until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon into a bowl and let cool, and set frying pan aside.
- Add the turkey, bread crumbs, egg, oregano, and ½ tsp each salt and pepper to the cooled onion mixture and mix gently but thoroughly with your hands.
- Shape the mixture into 12 meatballs and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs until opaque throughout, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, cranberries and sugar in the frying pan and place over med-high heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the juice comes to a boil and the cranberries begin to pop, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the meatballs among dinner plates, spoon the sauce over them, and serve.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.