Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very tasty and aromatic to come home to, ready to set the table and make the salad.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- Place onions in crock pot.
- Mix garlic, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Make slices in turkey breast about 3/4 of the way through turkey breast at 2 inch intervals.
- Stuff slices with herb mixture.
- Place turkey in crock pot.
- Pour juice over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until turkey is no longer pink in centre.
This was an easy recipe and I was hoping for a delicious meal but I was very disappointed. I think I've decided that rosemary is not for me and the orange juice added nothing to the flavour of the turkey. Six hours of cooking and another crockpot blah dinner.
I have been the envy of the lunch table all week at work. I used a turkey breast roast (boneless breast with an elastic net over it). I poked holes in the roast and shoved the garlic and spices in. The next time I make this, I will take the net off of the roast and slice into it about 1/2 way through. Then spread the spices in the cut and tie the roast back together with kitchen string. The meat is very flavorful and tender also. Thanks for a great recipe Derf.
Incredibly easy & fabulously tasty!! I didn't really taste the orange flavour, though, and I don't think I'll bother with the onion the next time. The leftovers made the best turkey sandwich I've ever had in my life!!