Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Herbs tucked under the skin gives the turkey a wonderful flavor the lemon juice gives a subtle hint of citrus. Recipe comes from Taste of Home Light & Tasty
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and seasonings.
- Spread under turkey skin.
- Combine remaining lemon juice and oil; Set aside.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat thermometer reads 170°F.
- Basting every 15 to 20 minutes with lemon mixture.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Discard skin before carving.
Barb, this is a wonderful recipe! I used a 6 1/2 lb. turkey breast with a pop-up timer. Your directions were so simple to follow! The results were fabulous, moist and very flavorful! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, Barb!
Updated review: I've made this recipe many times but today was the first time I tried it on the grill and it was superb. I found a really great sale on turkey breasts but it was way too hot to heat up my kitchen with a roast. I couldn't find my rack (DH probably has it in the garage somewhere) so I set the turkey breast on a piece of foil and placed it right on the grill. I used indirect heat, had a 5.25 lb. bird and it took exactly 1 1/2 hours to get a perfect turkey breast. Barb, thanks again for this terrific recipe...I now have both a winter and summer method! :)
I have prepared this recipe for turkey breast twice. It is simple, beautiful and delicious. I have to admit that I did not remove the skin...it was so brown and crispy that I couldn't resist eating it! Thank you for sharing