Recipe by Barb G.
Herbs tucked under the skin gives the turkey a wonderful flavor the lemon juice gives a subtle hint of citrus. Recipe comes from Taste of Home Light & Tasty
Top Review by Bev
Barb, this is a wonderful recipe! I used a 6 1/2 lb. turkey breast with a pop-up timer. Your directions were so simple to follow! The results were fabulous, moist and very flavorful! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, Barb!
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8 to 12 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and seasonings.
- Spread under turkey skin.
- Combine remaining lemon juice and oil; Set aside.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat thermometer reads 170°F.
- Basting every 15 to 20 minutes with lemon mixture.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Discard skin before carving.