Recipe by Kate in Ontario
This recipe I adapted from a magazine Taste of Home's Light & Tasty. The aroma is great and the oil and juice under the skin keep it nice and moist. The chopped veggies add great flavor to the gravy.
- 1 (5 lb) bone in turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons corn oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 carrots, chopped in large pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 T lemon juice, 1 T oil, garlic and lemon pepper.
- Spread evenly under skin.
- Combine remaining oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- Place turkey on rack in roasting pan, with vegetables under cavity of breast.
- Baste breast with combined oil and lemon juice.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 2 1/2hours or until juices are clear, basting occasionally with juices.
- Shield loosely with foil, if browning too quickly.
- Let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Discard vegetables, and make a gravy with juices.