Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe I adapted from a magazine Taste of Home's Light & Tasty. The aroma is great and the oil and juice under the skin keep it nice and moist. The chopped veggies add great flavor to the gravy.
- Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 T lemon juice, 1 T oil, garlic and lemon pepper.
- Spread evenly under skin.
- Combine remaining oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- Place turkey on rack in roasting pan, with vegetables under cavity of breast.
- Baste breast with combined oil and lemon juice.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 2 1/2hours or until juices are clear, basting occasionally with juices.
- Shield loosely with foil, if browning too quickly.
- Let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Discard vegetables, and make a gravy with juices.
Made this for our Thanksgiving dinner. It was excellent. I believe it is the best turkey breast I have ever eaten. Easy to do and I changed nothing.
This recipe is a real winner! It came out very moist with wonderful lemon pepper flavor, and a crispy golden skin. Can't ask for better turkey breast.
The turkey was moist, the skin was so tasty, and the gravy was wonderful too. A+ I used a smaller breast and lemon herb seasoning instead of lemon pepper.