Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple, no-cook meal for those hot summer nights when you are looking for something light and effortless. Can also be used as a first-course.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- With a paring knife, remove the stem end from each tomato. Scoop out the seeds and pulp and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the tuna, capers, parsley, lemon zest and juice, oil, and pepper to the bowl and combine.
- Spoon this mixture carefully into the hollowed-out tomatoes.
A great cool quick meal that is nice and healthy. Prefect for those warm summer days when the tomatoes are just bursting to be picked. Made as written and was easy to cut down to just two servings. Thanks so much for the post.