Recipe by MrsSPheonix
Have made this a couple of times now so I'm posting it here to keep safe as it came from a Slimming & Health mini-mag that I'm bound to misplace eventually. We added the corn and garlic, and used low fat dairy. Could make as one slice or four individual "pies" using one piece of bread per texas muffin. We enjoyed this as a quick dinner with a salad, but it's also great for lunch.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices whole meal bread, crusts removed
- 425 g tuna, drained and flaked (in springwater)
- 125 g corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley (vary herbs to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic for a minute or two, just to take the "rawness" off.
- Spray baking tray or muffin pan with oil spray.
- Line baking dish or texas muffin pan with bread slices.
- Combine eggs, milk and yoghurt and fold in all other ingredients.
- Pour over bread base, or divide equally between four texas muffin holes lined with bread.
- Bake at 180c for 20-25mins or until filling is set.
- Serve on their own or with a lovely side salad.