Recipe by Karyl Lee
This is the classic Raspberry's Tuna, which I added the herbs to. I think the orignal recipe comes from Moosewood, or Deaf Smith, I no longer remember. This is updated (2007) to reflect the opinion of the kindly reviewer, hopefully someone else will feel inclined to give it a shot.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was more of a carrot salad with tuna, than a tuna salad with carrots. I made 1/3 of this recipe, using four 6-ounce cans of tuna and 1/3 pound of carrots. I found I needed to use the full amount of mayonnaise (2/3 cup) to moisten everything. This tasted OK, but we found the amount of carrots to be overwhelming.
- 1 (66 ounce) canunsalted red tuna in water
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake the tuna into a large bowl.
- Add the shredded carrots, chopped celery, sweet relish and seeds.
- Mix the mayo/vegenaise with the dried herbs and paprika.
- Mix the dressing into the tuna very well.
- Serve on sprouted grain bread, or on lettuce bed.