Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is an easy and WONDERFUL recipe for trout. It is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. If you are serving more people, just increase the amount of ingredients. If you have questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 -10 ounce) rainbow trout (8-10 ounce or larger)
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen.
- 2Make sure fish are scaled, heads, fins, and tails are cut off.
- 3Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 5On a cutting board, spread each fish open, skin side down.
- 6In a small bowl stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Set half of the butter mixture aside.
- 7Brush remaining half of the butter mixture over fish.
- 8In a small bowl stir together onion, rosemary, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- 9Fold fish closed and place fish on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking dish.
- 10Brush remaining butter mixture over the closed fish.
- 11Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- 12If desired, sprinkle fish with parsley. Serve fish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Trout With Lemon Butter
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.2
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 185.9 mg
- Sodium 469.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 55.7 g