Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is an easy and WONDERFUL recipe for trout. It is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. If you are serving more people, just increase the amount of ingredients. If you have questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
Top Review by Mindy #1
This was easy to make, and easy to divide the labor between 2 people. The best part was that it was healthy AND delicious. We used Smart Balance margarine instead of butter, and the flavor did not suffer.
- 2 (8 -10 ounce) rainbow trout (8-10 ounce or larger)
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Make sure fish are scaled, heads, fins, and tails are cut off.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a cutting board, spread each fish open, skin side down.
- In a small bowl stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Set half of the butter mixture aside.
- Brush remaining half of the butter mixture over fish.
- In a small bowl stir together onion, rosemary, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- Fold fish closed and place fish on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking dish.
- Brush remaining butter mixture over the closed fish.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- If desired, sprinkle fish with parsley. Serve fish with lemon wedges.