Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm far to lazy to bone trout! I just stuff them with the onion mix and brush well with the lemon butter. It works for me.
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) rainbow trout
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- On a cutting board, spread each fish open, skin side down.
- In a small bowl stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Set half of the butter mixture aside. Brush remaining half of the butter mixture over fish.
- In a small bowl stir together onion, rosemary, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- Fold fish closed. Place fish on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- If desired, sprinkle fish with parsley. Serve fish with lemon wedges and reserved butter mixture.
We really enjoyed this for our dinner tonight. Loved the butter and lemon all over the fish and the stuffing just added that final delicious touch. Made for ZWT9 for "Hot Stuff".
I used fillets, and stacked them to envelope the onion mixture. I also used tarragon. Very nice light dinner. I really enjoyed the tarragon! Thanks for posting!
Loved it. I was generous with everything in relation to the trout, and used Rosemary, it turned out very tasty, and appreciated the lemon wedges.