1/4 Photos of Herbed Trout With Lemon Butter
I'm far to lazy to bone trout! I just stuff them with the onion mix and brush well with the lemon butter. It works for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) rainbow trout
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 2On a cutting board, spread each fish open, skin side down.
- 3In a small bowl stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Set half of the butter mixture aside. Brush remaining half of the butter mixture over fish.
- 4In a small bowl stir together onion, rosemary, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- 5Fold fish closed. Place fish on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 6Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- 7If desired, sprinkle fish with parsley. Serve fish with lemon wedges and reserved butter mixture.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Trout With Lemon Butter
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 532.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 54.7 g