I'm far to lazy to bone trout! I just stuff them with the onion mix and brush well with the lemon butter. It works for me.
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) rainbow trout
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- On a cutting board, spread each fish open, skin side down.
- In a small bowl stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Set half of the butter mixture aside. Brush remaining half of the butter mixture over fish.
- In a small bowl stir together onion, rosemary, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- Fold fish closed. Place fish on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- If desired, sprinkle fish with parsley. Serve fish with lemon wedges and reserved butter mixture.