Recipe by mariposa13
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 485 calories, 44g protein, 3 net carbs, 30g fat, 145mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml thyme
- 14.79 ml rosemary
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1360.77 g top round roast
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 piece cooked bacon, not crispy
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour red wine and water into crockpot; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine herbs, pepper, salt, and olive oil, stir to combine.
- Using clean hands, rub the oil and herb mixture all over the meat.
- Place the roast into the crockpot and sprinkle the garlic and onions around the roast. Lay bacon strips over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Before serving, flip the roast over in the crockpot, then turn the crockpot off for about 15 minutes. Remove roast to a platter and let it drain for a few minute.
- To serve, use a sharp knife to slice the meat against the grain. If you like, dip the roast in the cooking juices before serving or serve with a small cup of the juice on the side.