10 hrs 10 mins
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 485 calories, 44g protein, 3 net carbs, 30g fat, 145mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour red wine and water into crockpot; set aside.
- 2In small bowl, combine herbs, pepper, salt, and olive oil, stir to combine.
- 3Using clean hands, rub the oil and herb mixture all over the meat.
- 4Place the roast into the crockpot and sprinkle the garlic and onions around the roast. Lay bacon strips over the roast.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- 6Before serving, flip the roast over in the crockpot, then turn the crockpot off for about 15 minutes. Remove roast to a platter and let it drain for a few minute.
- 7To serve, use a sharp knife to slice the meat against the grain. If you like, dip the roast in the cooking juices before serving or serve with a small cup of the juice on the side.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Top Round Roast - 3 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.4 mg
- Sodium 490.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 51.4 g