1/1 Photo of Herbed Top Round Roast
10 hrs 10 mins
Taken from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the red wine and water into the slow cooker crock; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the herbs, pepper, salt, and olive oil; stir to combine. Using clean hands, rub the oil and herb mixture all over the beef roast. Place the roast into the slow cooker crock. Sprinkle the garlic and onions aroudn the raost and lay the bacon strips over the top of the roast.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- 4Before serving, flip the roast over in the slow cooker, then turn the slow cooker off and let the roast rest in the slow cooker for about 15 minutes. Remove roast to a platter and let it drain for a few minutes.
- 5To serve, use a sharp knife to slice the meat against the grain. If you like, dip the roast slices into the cooking juices before serving, or serve the cooking juices alongside the beef.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Top Round Roast
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 451.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 50.7 g