Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful way to prepare fresh-picked green beans. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In small skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add beans and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; heat through.
What a delightful and healthy way to add flavor and zip up the humble green bean. I used half the stated amount of oil (great non-stick skillet) and otherwise followed the recipe. Next time I will probably use less parsley and more oregano (garden fresh right now).
This was real tasty!! Used some grape tomatoes and some dried oregano and parsley (as I ran out of the fresh kind). This is an easy and tasty side dish! Thanks Lainey! :)