1/1 Photo of Herbed Tomato Tart
1 hr 5 mins
I felt so fancy making this. It is a Southern Living recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Roll one pastry sheet into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2Cut 4 (12 x 1 inch) strips from remaining pastry sheet, and place along edges on top of pastry square, forming a border.
- 3Reserve remaining pastry for another use.
- 4Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer pastry shell to a wire rack to cool.
- 5Place tomato slices in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- 6Let stand 20 minutes.
- 7Place baked pastry shell on baking sheet; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and next three ingredients.
- 8Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on top.
- 9Sprinkle with herbs; drizzle with oil.
- 10Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts; serve immediately.
- 11Note: for the mixed fresh herbs, try combining oregano, basil, chives, sage, tarragon, rosemary, thyme, and dill.
- 12You can substitute 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs for fresh.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Tomato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 969.4
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 1580.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs