Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I felt so fancy making this. It is a Southern Living recipe.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roll one pastry sheet into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Cut 4 (12 x 1 inch) strips from remaining pastry sheet, and place along edges on top of pastry square, forming a border.
- Reserve remaining pastry for another use.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer pastry shell to a wire rack to cool.
- Place tomato slices in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Place baked pastry shell on baking sheet; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and next three ingredients.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on top.
- Sprinkle with herbs; drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts; serve immediately.
- Note: for the mixed fresh herbs, try combining oregano, basil, chives, sage, tarragon, rosemary, thyme, and dill.
- You can substitute 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs for fresh.
I opened my account just to rate this recipe. It was wonderful! My guests are raving about it. The only thing I did differently was to cook the onion and garlic together. I also double the garlic. I used dried herbs and it was wonderful.
Very tasty. I used extra garlic, as is typical for me and lots and lots of fresh chives. I misread the instructions and did step 2 wrong, but it seems the tart came out ok.