Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons onions, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, Crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, Crushed
- 1 dash pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- parmesan croutons
- In a 4-cup measure microwave onion and butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, dried basil, dried thyme, and freshly ground pepper.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% of power for 4 to 6 minutes or just till boiling.
- Stir in the water and instant chicken bouillon granules.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture is heated through.
- Serve with the Parmesan Croutons.
Good flavor, but next time I'll thicken it up.
This recipie saved me. I was making an irish beef stew and I needed a can of tomato soup. I went to the store to buy a can of soup but every can that I looked at had either wheat or milk in it, which neither my family can have. I will always use this recipie.
Very easy and so very tasty!!!! Nice too, that you would probably have everything handy in your pantry to whip this up at a whim :-) Thank you for a perfectly lovely tomato soup. Oodles of kudos and stars from our house!