Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Tasty side dish, low cal from Cooking Light.
- 18 slices tomatoes, 1/2 inch thick
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Arrange tomato slices in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray;, set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over tomato slices.
- Bake at 350f degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
We liked the crumbly Parmesan topping on these thick tomato slices. I sprinkled a t minced garlic on the tomatoes before adding the topping. This is a very good side dish! Very easy and one I will make again! Thanks Dorothy!
Derf this is a wonderful recipe! I used plum tomatoes, parmesan blend cheese, and dried basil instead of fresh. So simple and very good, loved the flavor of the baked tomatoes. Served with Kozmic Blue's All-In-One Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese for a enjoyable meatless supper tonight.
This was good--I should have read the other reviews & cooked this at a slightly higher temp to get a crunchy crust. I liked this a lot and will make again as a light side (good way to get some veggies in, too!).