Recipe by *Parsley*
A nice summer side salad.
Top Review by chia
this delicious salad is a great way to use up your summer garden bounty. i used my own plum and yellow pear tomatoes, and my parsley, chives and basil. i did use balsamic vinegar and shaved parmagiano reggiano cheese slivers over the top.
- 2 heads endive, leaves seperated
- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion, recommended, but (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, balsamic is good too
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange endive leaves around edge of a serving platter. Arrange the sliced tomatoes and onion slices in the center.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, chives, and basil.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad platter.
- Sprinkle with the optional parmesan cheese, if using it. For Vegan omit it.