Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Herbs and cheese are a great combination in bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a bowl combine the flour,cheeses,baking powder,baking soda and seasonings.
- In another bowl beat the egg,buttermilk,oil and tomato paste.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes,or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.