1/1 Photo of Herbed Tofu Lasagna With Zucchini
1 hr 20 mins
In this recipe, herbs and seasonings are added to tofu and mixed until creamy, and is used in place of ricotta cheese. It is important that you use the best marinara sauce you can find, and then drizzle each serving with the extra virgin olive oil. From VT April 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (793.78 g) package firm tofu, well-drained
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 78.07 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 78.07 ml pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 3 cups)
- 1182.95 ml marinara sauce (the best you can find)
- 16 no-boil lasagna noodles
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling on each serving)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Toast pine nuts: Place them in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly until golden (about 3 minutes).
- 3In food processor, combine tofu, basil, parsley, toasted pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, and sugar. Blend until smooth and similar in texture to ricotta cheese.
- 4In large non-stick skillet, heat oil and sauté the zucchini on medium-high heat just until they're tender (about 3 -5 minutes).
- 5Spread 3 tablespoons of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles, overlapping them slightly.
- 6Layer as follows:.
- 71/2 of the tofu mixture.
- 81/2 of the zucchini mixture.
- 9Layer of noodles.
- 10Remaining tofu.
- 11Remaining zucchini.
- 121/2 cup marinara sauce.
- 13Layer of noodles.
- 14Remaining marinara sauce.
- 15Cover pan with foil and bake 1 hour. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- 16Drizzle olive oil on each serving.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Tofu Lasagna With Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.4
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles