Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
New recipe for summer. Add some grilled chicken to make it a main dish.
- 3 whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces, about six cups
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 English cucumber, cored, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Split each pita into to rounds and toast on a baking sheet until golden brown, about ten minutes. Allow to cool and break into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil to create salad dressing.
- Toss the lettuce, scallions, mint, cucumber, parsley, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Right before serving add the pitas, and toss with the dressing to coat.