Recipe by Michelle S.
This was served at a local long closed tea room. They served it with chicken salad and it was gorgeous! It has the consistancy of almost a melba toast. I also put it out on holiday appetizer tables.
- 1 teaspoon whole thyme
- 1 teaspoon whole rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 loaf thinly sliced white bread (I use Pepperidge Farms)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip butter.
- Add herbs and sesame seeds.
- Spread very thinly on both sides of bread.
- Place as many as possible on a flat baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until browned on both sides, (turning if necessary) about 20 minutes per pan.
- Repeat until all toast is done.