1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
An unsual side dish or main dish for a light luncheon. I imagine you can substitute zucchini for the yellow crookneck squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled,cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 12 ounces crookneck yellow squash, cut into 1/8 inch-thick rounds
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Butter 2 8-inch diameter cake pans.
- 3Set aside 1/4 cup sliced green onions.
- 4Toss remaining green onions, cheese, flour thyme, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- 5Layer 1/6 of potatoes in concentric circles in bottom of 1 prepared pan, overlapping slightly.
- 6Layer 1/4 of squash in concentric circles atop potatoes.
- 7Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil.
- 8sprinkle with 1/6 of cheese mixture.
- 9Repeat with 1/6 of potatoes, then 1/4 of squash and 1 teaspoon oil.
- 10Sprinkle with 1/6 of cheese mixture.
- 11Top with 1/6 of potatoes.
- 12Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil.
- 13Sprinkle with 1/6 of cheese mixture and press gently to flatten.
- 14Repeat procedure with second cake pan and remaining potatoes, squash, oil, and cheese mixture.
- 15Cover pans with foil.
- 16Bake until potatoes are almost tender, about 40 minutes.
- 17Remove foil, bake uncovered until tortes begin to brown and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes longer.
- 18Cut each torte into wedges.
- 19sprinkle wedges with 1/4 cup green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Summer Squash and Potato Torte with Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 635.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g