4 hrs 45 mins
My sister gave me this recipe back in 2001 and I have used it for may events. Also enclosed is the gravy for it,. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 lbs whole turkey
Place in cheesecloth and set aside
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, mince 3 Tbs chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, mince 3 Tbs chopped
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, mince 3 Tbs chopped
Mix and set aside
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, from above
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, from above
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, from above
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
Balance of ingredients
- 1Clean bird and pat dry inside and out. Place in large roasting pan on a rack. Place cheesecloth in cavity of bird .
- 2Brush bird with oil , rub set aside mixture on to bird.
- 3Heat oven to 425 degrees, drizzle butter over bird. Pour 2 cups of chicken broth into pan. Roast for 45 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, cover breast with foil, reduce oven to 325 degrees. Return bird to oven, roast for 1 hour.
- 5Remove foil, pour 2 cups of chicken broth into pan. Roast until 180 degrees in the thickest part of thigh, about 1 hour and 40 minutes, baste every 10 minutes.
- 6Transfer bird to plater, tent with foil. Let stand 30 minutes, reserve liquid in pan for gravy.
- 8Mix flour and sherry to a smooth paste,.
- 9Melt butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and rosemary. Saute for 3 minutes.
- 10Spoon fat from bird drippings and transfer to large glass measuring cup. Add chicken broth to make 5 cups of liquid. Add to mushrooms. Add flour paste and wisk until smooth. Bring to a boil.
- 11Mix in cream, thyme and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper if needed,.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Stuffed Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1289.4
- Calories from Fat 637
- Total Fat 70.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 489.8 mg
- Sodium 1323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 141.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: