Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Cheap, easy, and my family thinks it is delicious.
Top Review by shelbyrose
Dee-licious, NurseDi. A great way to prepare round steak. The combination of flavors in the sauce is really a palate pleaser. I did take Chef Parsley72's advice and added garlic and thyme. Also, I substituted oregano for the basil and added about 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the soup, wine and herbs. Served this with mashed potatoes and peas. I'll definitely be making this again. Thank you for sharing!
- 2 lbs beef round steak (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms or 2 (4 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim as much fat as possible from meat.
- Cut round steak into serving pieces.
- Add onion slices, garlic, and mushrooms into a 4-quart slow-cooker.
- Put beef on top of vegetables.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the soup, wine, basil, marjoram, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover slow-cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve meat and sauce over noodles.