Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang
- 2 lbs yellow squash
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°/.
- Slice the squash into 1/2-inch slices.
- Steam the squash for 12 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is steaming, mix the egg, mayonnaise, chives, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Remove the squash from the steamer basket.
- Add the squash and 3/4 cup of the cheese to the herbs and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into a 11x7 baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Excellent ! I made the recipe s directed. This was very good. I willbw making this again.