Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is out of the Weight Watchers recipe book and I could eat it everyday with a small piece of their cheese cornbread. It is delicious. I also add a few drops of Tabasco. YUMMMMMMMY (3 points)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dried split peas
- 1⁄2 cup slivered no sugar added turkey ham
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a med nonstick saucepan, heat the oil.
- Saute the onion, carrot and garlic until soft (5 min) Add the split peas and 4 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the peas are tender, stirring once, about 1 hour Add turkey,marjoram, salt and pepper;heat to serving.
I substituted fresh rosemary for the marjoram; it came out so good! My teenager prepared it and devoured half the pot. This one is a keeper.