Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A tasty dish for a dinner party or gathering. It also makes a fun dinner, just serve along side a big salad or cup of soup.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
Excellent stuffing mix for mushrooms. We love stuffed mushrooms in our house and this recipe definitely did not dissapoint. The flavour combination was awesome, mushrooms, spinach and cheese what is not to love and everyone round the dinner table agreed. I served ours as a light dinner on a very hot summers day, I used large flat mushrooms and served them over a salad on top of some toasted bread. Very good Chef Buggsy Mate, was loved by all and I will definitely be making this wonderful recipe again. I will make with smaller mushrooms as listed next time I have people over as I think they will make a great finger food for a gathering.
- 1 (6 ounce) box herb stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 40 medium mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup spinach leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onions or 1 tablespoon shallot
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix stuffing mix and hot water in a large bowl; set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Chop mushroom stems and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems, garlic and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Add stem mixture to prepared stuffing along with the spinach, cheeses, and bacon bits; mix well.
- Spoon evenly into mushroom caps and place filled side up in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.