Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
You don't have to be Popeye to appreciate this soup. It can be served with hot biscuits.
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 1⁄4 small head of lettuce, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg, hard cooked and chopped
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- In a crock pot, combine onions, parsley, lettuce, spinach, margarine or butter, salt, pepper, tarragon and broth.
- Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
- Process in blender or food processor until vegetables are finely chopped.
- Turn crock pot to HIGH.
- Pour blended mixture into crock pot.
- Stir in half and half.
- Cover cook 20-30 mins on HIGH.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped hard-cooked egg and a pinch of nutmeg.