Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious appetizer or vegetable dish. These can be made up ahead of time and frozen. If frozen, increase cooking time by 10 to 15 minutes.
- 20 ounces spinach, frozen chopped
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw spinach and remove excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients (stuffing mix, parmesan cheese, garlic, onion, eggs and butter) and mix well.
- Form the mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Good recipe. I made major changes to it though. I used egg-replacer and dairy-free butter. I also lowered the cheese to 1/2 cup, and used smoked aged gouda. I sub the onion with dry chopped onions. I baked some immediately and froze the rest. I baked them later and was happy with the result.
Try a dip in honey mustard (make your own - 1.5:1 mustard:honey) and a hint of mayo
followed this recipe exactly. thought it was just okay - seemed like it was missing something, was a little bland