- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh herb (such as parsley, tarragon, and chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Stir in butter, lemon zest, juice, and herbs
- season with salt and pepper.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency, if needed.