Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
TOH Quick Cooking
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon browning sauce (optional)
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine first eight ingredients; rub over chicken.
- Place in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add broth.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
Great flavor, used 4 boneless chicken breasts because that is what I had on hand. Used a little extra splash of broth because of other reviews saying it was dry...mine was yummy and moist. Will definately make it again!
Perfect! I loved the flavour & the chicken melted in your mouth - so juicy!! I didn't bother using the browning sauce. The only actual change I made was to increase the chicken broth to 2 cups - I wanted to make sure I had enough liquid for gravy. I just thickened the juice on the stove with some cornstarch for great-tasting gravy, too.
This is a wonderful roasted chicken recipe...one I'll make often. The herbs and seasonings are just right. I used a whole cut up chicken and left out the browning sauce. I cooked it on low for 5 hours and could probably have done it a bit less. The meat was falling off the bone tender. Thank you!