Recipe by chia
i received this in my email, and it looks like something my family will enjoy
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Very delicious chicken recipe, chia. The chicken was certainly moist and the sauce had delicious flavor. Honey, mustard, and wine are an unbeatable combination. Everyone in the family enjoyed it so will definitely make this one again. Very easy to make, too, so I would recommend it for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing the recipe and glad I took the dare. ;)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, blend Dijon mustard and honey.
- Mix in the tarragon, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the skillet, and brush on both sides with the Dijon mustard mixture.
- Pour 1/4 cup wine around the chicken.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced.
- Pour another 1/4 cup wine around the chicken, and continue to cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat, reserving remaining liquid.
- Mix remaining wine into the skillet.
- Increase heat to medium, and scrape up browned bits.
- Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by about 1/3.
- Serve as a sauce over the chicken.