1/1 Photo of Herbed Shrimp and Feta Casserole
This recipe comes from the "Come On In" cookbook, and if you are a shrimp lover like me, then you will *love* this! it's layers of angel-hair pasta covered with shrimp and salsa in a fantastic fluffy cheese/egg sauce mixture topped with melted mozzarella cheese, I could eat this whole casserole by myself it is just *that* good! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 ounces feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/3 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- 1 (16 ounce) can mild chunky salsa
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter an 8" x 12" baking dish.
- 3In a bowl, blend eggs, milk, yogurt Feta, Swiss cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic.
- 4Spread half the pasta over bottom of baking dish.
- 5Cover with salsa.
- 6Add half the shrimp.
- 7Spread remaining pasta over shrimp.
- 8Pour and spread egg mixture over pasta.
- 9Add remaining shrimp; top with mozzarella cheese.
- 10Bake 30 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Shrimp and Feta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 241.5 mg
- Sodium 1427.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g