This recipe comes from the "Come On In" cookbook, and if you are a shrimp lover like me, then you will *love* this! it's layers of angel-hair pasta covered with shrimp and salsa in a fantastic fluffy cheese/egg sauce mixture topped with melted mozzarella cheese, I could eat this whole casserole by myself it is just *that* good! :)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 ounces feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1⁄3 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- 1 (16 ounce) canmild chunky salsa
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8" x 12" baking dish.
- In a bowl, blend eggs, milk, yogurt Feta, Swiss cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic.
- Spread half the pasta over bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with salsa.
- Add half the shrimp.
- Spread remaining pasta over shrimp.
- Pour and spread egg mixture over pasta.
- Add remaining shrimp; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before serving.