1/3 Photos of Herbed Seafood Crepes With Mornay Sauce
The herbed crepes can be doubled and extras frozen. Double all the ingredient, but use only 3 eggs. Use any combination of herbs that you like. We used chives and thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (you may use skim)
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons grated gruyere, divided
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (or 1/2 lb shrimp and 1/2 lb scallops)
- 1To Make Crepes:.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- 3Add eggs and milk and whisk until smooth. Stir in butter and herbs.
- 4Batter should be consistency of thin cream. Let stand 30 minutes, then stir before using. Make crepes in a hot crepe pan or light nonstick pan filmed with butter, if needed. Stack crepes on waxed paper and let stand until ready to use, up to 2 hours, or wrap and freeze. Thaw at room temperature until they can be separated without tearing.
- 5To Make Sauce:.
- 6In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook briefly. Whisk in milk and stir until smooth and starting to thicken.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk with cream. Spoon a little of the hot sauce into the egg yolk and combine, then stir yolk mixture back into the sauce.
- 8Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper, then stir in 2 T each Parmesan and Gruyere. Stir in cooked seafood and cook briefly until heated.
- 9To Assemble:.
- 10Place one crepe on a heat-proof dinner plate and spoon seafood and sauce down the middle. Roll crepe and reapeat. Spoon a little extra sauce over the crepes and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 12Place plates under hot broiler until edges of crepes are starting to brown.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Seafood Crepes With Mornay Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 384.4 mg
- Sodium 578.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: