Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From BHG Big Book of Healthy Family Dinners.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and picked over
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- salt, to taste
- 8 ounces loaf baguette-style French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh chives
- In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, chives, basil, mint, and garlic.
- Add in the crabmeat, shrimp, tomatoes, onion, and salt; toss to coat.
- Cut the french bread into 48 thin slices.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with a portion of the 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Place bread slices, brushed side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 2-4 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
- Arrange bread, oiled side up on a serving platter.
- Spoon the seafood mixture on top.
- May garnish with additional chives.
- Serve immediately.